Gateway Product Support
06-22-2011 07:13 pm
How do I install 2Wire 802.11g wireless adapter drivers for Windows 7?
Installing 2Wire 802.11g wireless adapter drivers for Windows 7
2Wire 802.11G adapters are compatible with Microsoft Windows 7 by using supplied Windows Vista drivers, available from this support site . This article outlines identifying compatible adapters and installation of supplied drivers.
Determine the driver type
First verify if your computer uses a 32-bit or 64-bit operating system.
Most computers come with the 32-bit operating system.
- Click Start.
- Select and click Control Panel.
- Click System.
Determine which drivers are compatible with your adapter
There are currently two 2Wire 802.11G USB wireless adapters (Legacy and Current):
Download driver file
Once you have identitifed your adapter, download drivers from the appropriate link below
- This is the Legacy adapter's 32 bit driver: http://www.2wire.com/pages/drvrs/TWWGUSB_TEMP.exe
- This is the current adapter's 64 bit driver : http://www.2wire.com/pages/drvrs/2Wire_wireless_USB_Vista64.zip
- This is the current adapter's 32 bit driver: http://www.2wire.com/pages/drvrs/2Wire_wireless_USB_Vista32.zip Install driver After downloading the driver file to your desktop, right-click and extract the file (.zip file) or double click it (.exe file) and browse to your desktop. Install these drivers via the Device Manager.
- Click Start.
- Click Control Panel.
- Select Device Manager.
- Right-click the wireless adapter from the list ( it may be listed under other devices with a yellow "!" )
- Select Update Driver Software.
- Select Browse My Computer.
- Browse to the extracted folder on your desktop and select Next.
After successful installation of drivers you can now configure your computer's wireless connection.